THE NEED FOR SECURE DOCUMENT COLLABORATION
Web-based collaboration technologies such as Microsoft® SharePoint® allow departments to easily create, share and manage group project documentation. However, collaboration systems have become an easy access point for malicious code that can cripple a company’s infrastructure and waste an enormous amount of time, money and resources when an infection strikes.
Protection against the propagation of malicious code via SharePoint resources should be high on the list of IT priorities. If undetected, virus’s have the potential of remaining stored in the SQL based document libraries for months, sometimes even years at a time.
Viruses can be easily introduced into SharePoint sites in a number of different ways, including;
- Saving infected document files to the document library
- Saving HTML web pages with malicious macro’s
- Embedded viruses and Trojans
- Via an infection propagated through a mapped network drive
Therefore, companies need to protect their SharePoint deployments from attack by using BitDefender‘s ability to scan for content within a document to help ensure compliance to corporate security policies and prevent sensitive data from being distributed outside of the organization.
BITDEFENDER SECURITY FOR SHAREPOINT
BitDefender Security for SharePoint provides proactive protection of SQL document repositories against known and unknown viruses, spyware, Trojans and root kits. Real-time, optimized session-based scanning of uploaded, downloaded or accessed files helps to prevent Microsoft SharePoint deployments from storing and sharing of infected files within the network.
SECURING SHAREPOINT WITH BITDEFENDER
BitDefender Security for SharePoint provides proactive protection of organization’s document repositories against known and unknown malwares to prevent sharing infected files within the network.
- Award winning virus detection, cleaning and quarantine
- Integration with Microsoft’s Virus Scanning API to optimize and accelerate the scanning process
- Scans file traffic ensuring real-time antimalware protection to minimize the risk of malware propagation throughout the network
- Scans and fingerprints “read-only” files just once during the same session and only re-scans them if there is a new session, an update or an infection in the system
- Quarantine’s infected or suspected files, minimizing risk of propagation
- Mail archive support for Dbx, Mbx, Pst, Mime, Mbox, Hqx, Uudecode, and Tnef file form
- Integration into SharePoint’s management UI simplifies configuration and reporting tasks, reducing resource overhead
- Minimizes network downtime to increase operational efficiency
- Allows scheduling of on-demand scans, minimizing the impact to server resources and the user community
- Allows remote configuration from any computer in the organization through a web configuration console
DEFENSE IN DEPTH
BitDefender Security for SharePoint is just one element in a comprehensive suite of solutions providing end-to-end network protection from the gateway to the desktop. BitDefender’s proactive, multi-platform products detect and stop viruses, spyware, adware and Trojan threats that can compromise your network integrity.