Continuously monitor a folder or group of folders for new files, then trigger a custom action, such as running a second program with the new files. Files are processed only when completely written – perfect for huge files such as video. Incoming files can be grouped together or processed individually.
File and Folder Watcher can be used to:
* Process incoming FTP files
* Automatically distil PDF files
* Data mine incoming files with TextPipe Pro, also from DataMystic
* Process email attachments when they are saved to disk
* Load new files into a database
* Quickly and easily trigger business processes when files are created
* and much more.
File Watcher can process only those files that match a filespec (e.g. '*.txt;*.html') and ignore all other files that might arrive at the same time. It can also watch multiple folders at the same time (subfolders are handled with a checkbox).
File Watcher can also prevent triggering new actions while an old action is still running.
It can also be run as a service to keep it running even after system restarts or possible server crashes
Utilities / File & Disk Management
Windows 2000/Windows 7/Windows 9x/Windows NT/Windows Vista/Windows XP/Windows Server 2003/Windows Server 2008