THE NEED FOR SECURE AND SPAM FREE MAILBOXES
Email has become an indispensible service that businesses need to protect – at whatever the cost. When the Email server stops working, so does your workforce. The impact of lost productivity combined with a severe virus outbreak propagated by email can practically bring a company to its knees. While many organizations consider the internal impact of email-borne viruses, an even greater concern is loss of reputation and damage caused by an employee accidently sending out an infected email to partners or customers. More than anything else, damage to a company’s reputation can be irreversible.
A company’s email system provides one of the main entry and exit points within the network for malicious code propagation and data leakage. Therefore, email security solutions should be able to counter the many different threats that leverage a company’s email system in order to propagate – these include;
- Sending or receiving malicious code through email attachments
- Unsolicited communication in the form of Spam
- Phishing attempts to acquire confidential information
- Legitimate users leaking confidential information by email
- Dictionary Harvesting Attacks (DHA)
Because of the mechanisms used to propagate email threats are becoming more virulent, stopping them at the desktop may be too late. Therefore, a solution deployed at the edge of the network and on the mail server itself can minimize the impact of malware by cleaning infected documents and ensuring the protection of your organization’s most critical business asset – a communicating workforce.
BITDEFENDER SECURITY FOR MAIL SERVERS
BitDefender Security for Mail Servers protects Windows or UNIX-based mail servers for known and unknown security threats with award winning proactive antivirus, antispyware, antispam, antiphishing, content and attachment filtering technologies. The solution secures organization’s email services and provides increased productivity by blocking spam and providing common centralized management tools.
SECURING EMAIL SERVICES WITH BITDEFENDER
BitDefender Security for Mail Servers provides a host of features targeted towards the small and midsize businesses.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Scans inbound email traffic to ensure real-time antimalware protection and minimize the risk of virus propagation throughout the internal network
- Scan outbound email to stop security threats spreading to your partners and customers
- Scans each email just once by using selected scanning method to minimize the server load
- Content filtering for both inbound and outbound emails, identifying specific administrator defined keyword content such as credit card data
- High Precision Antispam and Antiphishing filters with Heuristic NeuNet technology
- User directory protection against harvesting attacks used by Spammers in an attempt to find legitimate email addresses by brute force techniques
- Allows remote configuration from any computer in the organization through BitDefender’s Centralized Management Server
- Reduce resource costs and overhead to increase overall business productivity
- Minimize network downtime to increase operational efficiency
BitDefender Security for Mail Servers offers intelligent updates once an hour with new virus definitions and restricted content database, ensuring your Mail Server deployment is current with the very latest threat protection.
DEFENSE IN DEPTH
BitDefender Security for Mail Servers is just one element in a comprehensive suite of solutions providing end-to-end network protection from the gateway to the desktop. BitDefender’s proactive, multi-platform solutions detect and stop viruses, spyware, adware and Trojan threats that can compromise your network integrity.