SAMBA FILE SERVERS ARE THE BACKBONE OF THE NETWORK
Even though Samba file servers are UNIX-based, they serve Microsoft® Windows workstations and server domains. The file servers are not just a network repository for the company’s files. Unlike their name suggests, file servers provide critical infrastructure services to ensure communication and interoperability between desktops, printers, and other resources found within the network.
Samba file servers are capable of spreading the following security threats;
- Malicious code through shared files
- Compressed, infected archives
- Viruses, Trojans and Rootkits
- Worms and Spyware
Companies can protect their Samba file server deployments from attack by using BitDefender‘s ability to scan for malicious code in files, help ensure compliance to corporate security policies and prevent sensitive data from being distributed outside of the organization.
BITDEFENDER SECURITY FOR SAMBA
BitDefender Security for Samba enables organizations to deploy antivirus and antispyware protection for their Samba network shares running on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris systems. Deployed and maintained centrally within the network, Security for Samba scans cross-platform data structures and file stores for malware, keeping network users safe from virus infection.
SECURING SAMBA FILE SERVERS WITH BITDEFENDER
BitDefender Security for Samba scans cross-platform data structures and file stores for malware, keeping network users safe from virus infection.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Award winning virus detection, cleaning and quarantine
- Minimize network downtime and risk of malware propagation throughout the network by scanning shared files ensuring real-time antimalware protection
- Allows flexible scheduling of on-demand or immediate execution scans
- Quarantine’s infected or suspected files, minimizing risk of propagation
- Allows remote configuration from any computer in the organization through a web-based Remote Administration interface
- Fully complies with FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard), operating in a completely non-intrusive manner
- Works with any Samba build and can be easily compiled against all versions, thanks to its open-sourced vfs module
- Ensures compatibility with all major UNIX-based platforms due to its rpm, deb and generic .tar.run packages
- Integration with BitDefender’s Management Server
- Centralized dashboard providing deployment status overview with alert thresholds
- Safely quarantine suspicious files, with optional restore to original location feature
- Customizable e-mail notifications or SNMP alerts about its activity: number of scanned, disinfected, deleted, infected or filtered files
DEFENSE IN DEPTH
BitDefender Security for Samba file servers is just one element in a comprehensive suite of solutions providing end-to-end protection from the gateway to the desktop. BitDefender’s proactive, multi-platform products detect and stop viruses, spyware, adware and Trojan threats that can compromise your network integrity.