With Windows NT based systems (NT,2000,XP,2003,Vista) using NTFS drives it is not possible to force certain types of inheritance. Using this program you can now apply inheritance through a directory tree without affecting any other permissions on the files or folders. For example, if you added ‘user1’ to ‘folder1’ and then applied inheritance to all children of ‘folder1’, ‘user1’ would be added to all files and folders under ‘folder1’. With Windows NT based systems you can only apply inheritance to files and folders by overriding any permissions that are already set. This program applies the inheritance and keeps any existing permissions (except for duplicate permissions).
This program can also copy files from one location to another AND copy the security with it. When copying files in Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 the security is not copied with it, this program allows files to be copied along with their permissions.
This program can also add the name of a directory to the permissions of it. For example, if you have a directory called ‘User1’ then this program would search for the user account called ‘User1’ and add it to the permissions of the directory. The newly added permission would then be added (inherited) to all the children of the directory.
- Edit NTFS file permissions
- Recurse file inheritance
- Recurse file ownership
- Add the directory to the permissions of the directory
- Copy NTFS files with their permissions
- Copy sub folders
- Copy hidden files and folders
- Copy standard file attributes (Read-only, archive ,etc)
- Overwrite files and folders with/without confirmation
- Only the Access Control Lists (ACLs) are copied.
- No auditing information is copied.
- No special attributes are copied, i.e. encryption.
Vendor:ANB Software Ltd
Windows 2000/Windows 7/Windows NT/Windows Vista/Windows XP/Windows Server 2003/Windows Server 2008